So you have found something in your study that needs to change. Heres a small insight into what we do when you ask for a change.
It could be that something in your CRF has changed, you have found a better way to do something or maybe something in Spinnaker is annoying you. Whatever it is, the path is the same and for the purpose of this example lets assume it’s a reasonable request and the change will be applied.
- the changes made match the request
- the new functionality actually works
- Spinnaker is stable and continues to work as expected
Every project has a staging site which has a combination of the latest Spinnaker code on it and a copy of your study database. We have a whole server dedicated to our staging sites. If anything goes wrong here it’s not going to affect your study!
Then onto the next phase…
- check there is no-one adding or editing a form
- compare the database structure between the production and staging environments
- copy any database changes to the production environment. Only the database structure is copied, not any data.
- copy the new code to the production environment
- check Spinnaker is stable
- tell your project manager about the release