Have you made any New Year resolutions? It’s that time of year when many of us wonder about the fresh new year where we get a chance to begin again, to set new goals and make new choices.
Perhaps you looked back at 2017. For us, 2017 was our biggest year yet with 11 trials on our books and over 5,200 patients randomised during the year using Spinnaker.
At Spiral we have already made a few choices about what we are doing in 2018, they are:
- adding another server to our flotilla taking our total servers to 6. Five of which will be in Australia where most of our business now comes from
- aligning all our security practices with the ISO27001 standard
- completing 2 projects which are racing towards final delivery in March/April
- One of these projects is a collaboration between Australia and Sweden, two trials TAME & TTM2. I’ll write about that collaboration later in the year meanwhile you can read about these trials on our Spinnaker website. TTM2 Trial » TAME Trial »
- The other (REMAP-CAP) is in the final stages of development and is big news for future health both in terms of trial design (it uses our response adaptive randomisation module) and in it being the largest study on severe CAP ever conducted … read more about REMAP-CAP »
With every opportunity presented we have a choice about how we look at it, how we plan and how we act; each new year is a new opportunity. These are the choices I want to make this year:
- to be curious, to challenge the status quo. This is how we improve Spinnaker and why we are always working on it.
- to be kind. Even in business, kindness is the foundation to good work, not just in our relationships – we try to make our software kind i.e make it easier for you to use!
- to participate. Sometimes the easy option is to do nothing, to participate is to care enough to be part of something.
Best of luck with your choices, following through on them and in gaining some exciting results in 2018.